- 2 cups cooked brown rice (make sure it’s soft and a bit sticky- add extra water in cooking if you need to)
- 1 cup finely chopped chicken (cooked): Great when you have chicken leftovers!
- 3 eggs
- 1 small zucchini, chopped ultra finely
- 1 small yellow squash, chopped super finely
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bell peppers (any color)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 TBL low sodium soy sauce
- 1 TBL Olive oil
- Add 1 TBL of olive oil to skillet and heat on medium.
- Add zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers and garlic and sautee until softened, about 8 minutes.
- Once vegetables are soft, break 3 eggs into a small bowl and whip slightly to combine.
- Pour eggs over vegetables, and move eggs around while they cook.
- Add the rice and cooked chicken and stir again until everything is mixed together.
- Add soy sauce for seasoning and stir one last time.
*Special freezing tip! You can freeze this into single servings. Add a scoop of fried rice to a muffin tin and pack down. Freeze, then remove and store in freezer safe bags. Take out for lunch!
I like to pack a ramekin full of the fried rice, and then place it upside down on a plate, then take off the ramekin. It makes a nice little mound of fried rice your kids can stab into with a fork.
Recipe originally posted on Super Healthy Kids. The experts in making fruits & vegetables simply, fun, & delicious! The blogs are a must read!
The following two tabs change content below.